Browsers allow users to alter default camera and mic settings.
If you are using Google Chrome, please follow the steps below. This is also available on Google's support documentation here: User your camera and microphone
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Turn Ask before accessing on or off.
If you are using Firefox, here's how you may access the browser permissions: How do I open permissions manager?
If you have your settings set to "Always ask", you should see the following dialogue box when you start recording in Acclaim, which will allow you to edit settings:
To access your browser camera permissions:
- Go to the website that wants to use your microphone and/or camera.
- If a dialog box appears asking if you want to give the website permission to use your camera or microphone, select Allow once or Always allow, or close the dialog box to block access.
If you'd like to access all permissions, please follow Microsoft's documentation here: Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy
Safari currently does not support the WebRTC video standard. We recommend using alternative browsers when recording on Acclaim.